Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Effects Processors

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LumpyGravy, May 19, 2002.

1. LumpyGravy

LumpyGravy Guest

May 8, 2002
    Hello. I am currently using an ART SGX Nightbass with the X-15 Foot Controller. I've had it for about 5 years now. I really like it, but it sometimes does dumb things; like, some of the levels on my presets drop. I have had to redo the levels in them twice within a year. I am otherwise satisfied with the quality of the unit, but I think I am ready to buy something a little more updated. I haven't seen anything new from ART. Are they still in business? I know they are located in Roch, NY.
    If there are any high grade processors out there that are Midi capable and quick to learn, I would be interested in hearing about them. I heard a rumor that ADA is out of business, and their product was hot in their day.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hmmmm. This thread has "Effects" in the title. (hint hint)

3. LumpyGravy

LumpyGravy Guest

May 8, 2002
    Sorry for being in the wrong place.

4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Thats what i use is a old ada from the 80s! You should try to find one! I also use a old vocal reverb effects rack mount. Kinda strange but ive always had good luck using the vocal effects instead of the bass effects! Just give it a try!

5. LumpyGravy

LumpyGravy Guest

May 8, 2002
    Like the Alesis midiverb 4?

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Wrong Forum.

Moved.

7. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Man i knew someone was going to ask me wich one i used! Hehe! i think ti was called a ultraverb? The way i look at it is if you want to get a really cool new sound for your effect then look other places besides bass effects units! Thats why i was in the recordeing studio one day and grabbed the vocal effects unit we were using and put it in my rack! Most stuff on there was useless but you really got some strange stuff comming in on it as well! Give it a shot! Try anything man! My mind is always open!