Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

effects rack with built in tuner

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by david_l_perry, Dec 8, 2003.

1. I am looking for a single unit rack mounted effects rack with a built in tuner.

I currently use a Boss VF-1 with my main amp (SWR SM900) and am looking to get a similar unit for my backup amp / rehearsal amp (SWR Grand Pre + power amp) If I could find another VF-1 for the right price I would grab it.

What other 1u units (other than the Boss VF-1 and Boss SE-50/70) have built in tuners ?

Cheers and thanks in advance, Dave

2. BUMP DIDDLY BUMP BUMP, BUMP BUMP..

3. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Just wondering, how much would be the "right price" for you? I've got a VF-1 that I might be looking to sell. ;)

4. Cheers Lockout
    Not sure that the postage would make it worthwile ...not to mention the change from US gigawatts per square inch into proper UK 240volts...!!! (He says ducking from all of the US TB members!!)
    Seriously though, I picked a Mint one up last year for £175 with a little midi foot controller.
    They tend to go on Ebay for about £150-£200, but none around at the moment, which is why I am looking for an alternative to the Boss unit

Cheers, Dave

5. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Whoops, didn't notice you were in the UK. :)

6. No worries mate !:)
    I have just found a Boss GX-700 effects unit. Looks like the earlear dedicated guitar version of the VF-1. Full rack width unit with built in tuner. Have sent off for it (£150 used with controller) and will post a review as and when I get it.

Dave