1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effects recommendation?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by iiwii, Oct 25, 2018.

1. iiwii

iiwii

Apr 5, 2012
    So here is one of my setups Fender American Deluxe Jazz 5 string with all Sadowsky active electronics going to my Ampeg PF800 & 210HLF.
    LOVE THE TONE but looking for a portable effects pedal to do some rock, disco and pop!
    Please recommend.

2. RattleSnack

RattleSnack Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Europe
    OD works nice for rock. I love phaser for older disco music and slap. Pop music could be anything, but for modern stuff - synth could work. Older pop - a little bit of chorus.
    Just giving you general idea...

3. iiwii

iiwii

Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks was looking more in the area of recommending like a tech21 line6 hxstomp etc etc

4. RattleSnack

RattleSnack Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Europe
    Oh, you would like some multi-effect? Lots of people here like last Zoom models, mostly B3N. It has smaller sibling, MS-60B. You will find lots of info for these models, just hit search.

5. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Can't go wrong with either the Zoom B3N or the Tech 21 Bass Fly Rig. B3N is very popular. Then there's the new HX Stomp. Personally myself, I'm a big fan of the Sansamp sound of Tech 21.

6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    For rock, overdrive would be your go to effect. disco and pop, modulation effects like a chorus and flanger would be right your alley. just to make things easier, a multi-effects processor like the zoom b3n or the boss gt-1b would be a good choice for that. if you want stomp boxes, there's a alot of recommendations for that. however, I would recommend visiting cheaperpedals.com for affordable stompboxes.