Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Effects used by Allan Woody

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by degroove, Feb 21, 2003.

1. degroove

degroove

Jun 5, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    I dunno if this fits here or under the Bassist topic.

Nonetheless: The more I listen to Live Mule shows, the more I hear what has to be overdrive or distortion effects. I know he played a tube SVT that could get pretty dirty, but I am very sure he is using more than his tube distortion on a lot of songs.

Has anyone read/heard of what types of effects he may have used?

Thanks.
    Matt

2. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    I don't know this for a fact but I think you're mostly hearing one greasy-ass short scale Gibson EB-0 or 3 cranked through a howling overedriven AmpegSVT!! Damn, it was sweet!:D

3. degroove

degroove

Jun 5, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    If thats it, I must be delirious...

The only way I think that is becuase sometimes the disortion/overdrive sounds one way and other different.

Could be from switching bass's I guess.

4. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I heard he took like a million basses with him on tour. I know he had the epiphone signature, guild starfire, gibson thunderbird...list goes on and on.

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I'm pretty sure it was just Humbuckers through SVT's, I have videos of him with Allman brothers and his own video.......and he seemed like a bass straight into amp kinda guy:bassist:

6. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    You got his name wrong, it's Woody Allen. And as far as I know, he doesn't play bass.