1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

effects with SVT-CL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bleeding, Oct 17, 2009.

1. bleeding

bleeding

Jan 10, 2007
    I read something about an effects loop on the ampeg SVT-cl - only its called the preamp out/power amp in.

I dont really understand how this is used...the small amount of pedals and things that I use are all run thru the standard input on the front...

Can anyone offer insight?

2. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    well if you use your effects thru the input they get EQ'd by your head's preamp but if you run them in the effects loop your bass signal gets EQ'd then goes to your effects it all depends in what you want I hope this helps

Bass -> Effects -> Preamp (thru standard input)

Bass -> Preamp -> Effects (thru effects loop)

3. bleeding

bleeding

Jan 10, 2007
    This makes sense, I guess I just don't really understand how it would be set up. I only have a few different pedals, that don't get used all the time....the only pedal that is used 100% of the time is my compression.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    My advice? Don't bother with the effects loop. Run them straight into the head: bass > effects > input. I've never used an effects loop that improved the sound of a pedal, but I've used a lot that flat out ruin the sound of a pedal. Besides, most pedals are made to run straight in anyway. And even the ones that aren't always sound better to me straight in.

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 to Jimmy's post. Effects loops are designed for "line level" rack effects, anyway.

6. bleeding

bleeding

Jan 10, 2007
    Thanks for the advice.