1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)


Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by godsmack, Jul 14, 2001.

  1. hello, i got a question for all of you...
    i've played on (my dad's) guitar amp for like 7 months, i couldn't afford to get bass amp. i just got a brand new peavey basic 112, i love it but there is no distortion like on the other peavey guitar amp i was playing... the guy at the store told me i could buy a foot thing to switch off and on... is that true and what kind would you suggest for the best distortion..and how much would they be?

    thank you ~
  2. Well, the "foot thing" is called a pedal. There are many Bass Overdrive pedals available. As I have only tried a few, I would reccomend to you the BOSS ODB-3, wich is very versatile and produces a warm tone.
  3. I second that.
    the ODB-3 is sweeeeet :D
  4. JMX

    JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

    Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You're talking about two different things here guys.
    One is a separate FX pedal, e.g. distortion, the other is just a footswitch that switches internal channels, boosts or FX (loops) of the guitar amp.

Share This Page