EFX loop

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Oreomeister365, Jun 14, 2004.

1. lets say, I'm almsot completely new to setting up effects, and I just got my first pedal. My AMp has an "EFX loop", which consists of 3 slots to put cords is, one says send, one says return, and one says foot switch.

I'm not sure what to plug in where (say im using a single distortion pedal). I'm a n00b, I admit it.

While I'm at it, I'm going to ask how you set up multiple footwitches (or are there special devices you can get with multiple buttons to press).
  2. Rack-mounted and stand-alone fx units are designed to take the fx output from the pre-amp (send), process it, and return it to the fx input (return). The third socket for the footswitch will allow or disable the effect.

Footpedal effects units are normally designed to go between the instrument and the amplifier input, and because they work best at instrument voltage levels, they can be overloaded if you connect them between the send and return sockets of the amp. The footpedal bypass switch often leaves part of the effects circuit connected, which can affect the sound of your bass even when the fx unit is in 'clean mode'.

I can't help with muliple fx switching, - I've never been there.