Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by alexssandro, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Sunny side up

18 vote(s)
  2. Over easy

33 vote(s)
  3. Scrambled

43 vote(s)
  4. Omelette

31 vote(s)
  5. Boiled

3 vote(s)
  6. Poached

6 vote(s)
  7. Other (please specify)

12 vote(s)
  8. I don't eat eggs

14 vote(s)
  1. What is your favorite?

I like them all depending on my mood, but I'd say scrambled eggs are consistently my favorite.
  2. Punk_311

Punk_311 Guest

Aug 4, 2001
    Electric Ladyland
    I liked over easy.
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Splattered over plate glass windows.
  4. Scrambled (with cheese and ham... and some veggies)... sunny side up.. poached.. etc..
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000

(Come on, SOMEbody was going to say it.)
  6. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Yes, and that somebody was going to be you, you sick perv. :p

I'll take em easy, poached, and scrambled.
  7. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    Omelettes with everything you could possibly fill them with.

I like egg sandwiches also :)
  8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Apparently, I am not allowed to vote in polls. If I could have, I would have chosen over-easy.
  9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I love poached eggs on toast.

Or in a nice spanish omelette..
  10. If I'm in a hurry, microwaved. If I have time, fried.
  11. Punk_311

Punk_311 Guest

Aug 4, 2001
    Electric Ladyland
    doesnt microwaving an egg make it blow up?
  12. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Omelette!! Ham, onions, peppers, bacon, cheese, whatever else is around... Mmmmmmmmmm...
  13. Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    It'll blow if you put the whole egg in there. You have to put it in a special microwave egg cooker. And by the way, i like omelettes.:D :confused: :D
  14. :D Good one, Bliss! :D

My favorite is scrambled, but, you must make sure they're fresh eggs. :confused:

Permit me to explain: once, a whole bunch of us were eating at a right-on-the-highway diner, and my friend's wife said that they served powdered eggs there. I asked her how she knew without tasting them first, she replied, "Look at all the plates at the nearby tables with most of the scrambled eggs not eaten." She was right.

I won't eat poached eggs because poaching is illegal, and if a lot of people eat poached eggs, eggs could one day become extinct. Hey, I watch the discovery channel. :rolleyes:

Wasn't Omlette a play by Shakespeare? :p

Mike J. On the sunny side of the street.
  15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Yup. I learned that the hard way years ago. The upshot of that is that I now know how to blow up a microwave.

I don't like any yecchy white stuff on my eggs, so I like my eggs scrambled or when you do sunny side up and then flip it. Is that what "poached" means?
  16. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Poached eggs are made by partially filling a special pan (egg poacher) with water. It has a partion with dents in it for eggs. Break the eggs into the receptacle and cover with a lid. Basically you are steaming the eggs.

Rumbled eggs are made by heating water adding butter and pouring beaten egg into it.

Anyway my favourite way of eaten eggs is the CS egg sandwich. Heat up a sandwich maker. Place a slice of bread butter side down on the lower plate. Place cheese strips around the edge. Crack an egg into it. Place another slice of bread, butter side up on top and close the top lid. The cheese acts as a gasket and (should) stop an explosion of egg and cheese.
  17. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    love a good cheese omelette

plain, I like 'em scrambled
  18. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
  19. I just scramble it up in a plastic pan, but a plate works too. I just put them in 1 minute for 1, 1.5 minutes for 2. They pop some, but they're still edible.
  20. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    You guys made me hungry for egg sandwiches! mmm, they weregoood!:)