1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Egnater Guitar Amp

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Lonesomedave, Jun 14, 2012.

1. while my son is primarily a bass player he has recently branched out in to guitar.

so we have been looking to get him a guitar and a rig. recently came upon Egnater at our local GC, and tried an amp called the Renegade which has 2 twelve inch speakers.

anybody have any experience with this company or this model?...the sound was unbelievably good, and they have some features that i have never seen before, eg a tube mix switch that lets you dial in between the two pairs of power tubes (6L6's and EL34's) to have either all one or all the other or anything in between.

any thoughts appreciated.

davesignatureII-1.png

2. ThatLowEnd

ThatLowEnd Dirt, Trucks, BBQ, Whiskey

Apr 14, 2012
    Down In The Delta
    Has been/Never was
    Egnater is a great company. I used to have the Tourmaster 2x12 combo and could achieve any tone I wanted out of it. Also, Egnater's customer service is second to none. I did some research and devlopement on some stuff they are launching 2012.

By the way, when I originally set out to purchase a guitar amp I was looking at the Mesa Roadking because of the versatility. I can honestly say I am happy I went with the Egnater and it was half the cost. Got many compliments on my tone from fans, producers, etc.

3. Garrett151

Garrett151

Mar 23, 2011
    I have a tweaker and I love it. What will he be doing with it? Because a Renegade twin sounds like a lot of power for most settings.

4. yeah, that's true, but he will be playing venues when he gets good enough (he already is good enough on bass...:D)

the features and the versatility...not to mention the TONE are what has us really excited about the thing; and the few comments i have gotten here have done nothing to convince me that this would be a bad choice.

davesignatureII-1.png

5. bobbybass85

bobbybass85

Dec 19, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Egnater is phenomenal! It's a quieter brand that people don't know about like they do Marshall and Vox, but they make killer stuff. I've played and recorded with them for about 4 years now and couldn't be happier.

6. Agree with all above. Egnater is good stuff.

7. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Dave, everything I know about Egnater is good.

8. Garrett151

Garrett151

Mar 23, 2011
    The small Rebel series would probably be perfect.

9. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    I used a Tweaker head for a session once - really cool amp! it had 3 different tone stacks you could choose between, as well as vintage and modern modes, and a bass cut/boost i think. Amazingly, all these settings sounded reasonably accurate to their descriptions, and were 100% analog. Tons of tones in that thing. Between features and how it was built, I thought it was some super high-end brand, but the producer said the amp only cost about $300...

10. f64

f64 Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Naples, FL
    I have two Egnater amps and they are great. The Rebel is so versatile - it basically replaced three practice amps as you can swing the pre section back and forth between two tube sets - or blend them. Bruce Egnater has been in the business for many years and has satisfied artist demands from Motown to Hard Rock. I only wish he had been challenged by bass players early on - who knows what we'd have then.

11. I love my Tweaker-40... works great for guitar and bass. Very 'tweakable' EQ section and gets pretty loud for a pair of 6L6.

new_rig.jpg

12. What about getting a good multi purpose amp? Then he has a cool low watt tube head!!

Ampeg v4
    Ampeg b25
    Fender bassman 50,70,100
    Traynor bassmaster
    And ?????? I am sure there are more!

13. Do you have any sound sample from that tweaker head? Be curious to hear the sound, can it get a nice light overdrive growl? Seems cool for the price.