1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Egnater modular preamps.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 73jbass, Sep 15, 2008.

1. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    My new guitarist has 4 of these in his rack,and they are really cool. I emailed them about possible building a few specifically voiced for bass,and I was told they are looking into it. A 2 channel tube preamp,in 1/2 of a single rack space. Just curious if anybody here has ever used one for bass. Check them out here, http://www.egnater.com/modules.html

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    As a fan of half-rack gear, as ridiculous and frustrating as they can be, I want one. I'm still looking for the perfect half-rack front end for my ADK compressor.

3. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    I don't know if I'd like their stuff or not, but their product descriptions are at least fun to read, not the boring drivel you usually see.

4. Beskyd

Beskyd

May 23, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Markbass gonna launch similar stuff soon: it's called MoMark.

5. qtowens

qtowens

May 30, 2008
    Ferndale, MI
    Bruce is a really cool guy, my old guitar player used to take his stuff over to his house for tweeks! Can't wait to see bass stuff from him!

6. KPAX

KPAX Banned

Mar 22, 2005
    Eggnator? Yeah, I've used one. It gives your tone a bright yellow core with a clear, snotty edge that firms up at high power levels. Highly recommended if you want more protein in your tone but use in moderation to avoid cholesterol gunking up your sound.

7. qtowens

qtowens

May 30, 2008
    Ferndale, MI

C'mon... tell us how you REALLY feel...! lol

8. KPAX

KPAX Banned

Mar 22, 2005
    Egg-Zactly!

9. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    I heard these in Dug Pinnick's (Kings X) drive portion of his rig. They sounded as huge as any of his past setups did. I dug the drive alot. Their guitar player Ty uses the same 4 ch pre and it equally sounds great.

10. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    If I were looking for a guitar amp, Egnater's rebel 30 112combo would be tops on my list.

Power scaling, tube blending, and 'silent record'.

Gorgeous design. I'd be into it.