Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EH Bassballs and active basses

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Budonze, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Budonze

Budonze

Nov 2, 2000
    I was at the local guitar store last week playing an bunch of basses thru an EH Bassballs (BTW love the sound) Well it sounded great but only when i was playing with passive basses, i tried it with a Geddy jazz and a Fender American P.

But when i picked up a wariwck thumb, or EB stingray or Fender American P deluxe, the pedal seemed way more harsh, overloaded and not as pleasing to the ear.

Now, i would of liked to try it with my bass, but i didnt have it with me and the store didnt have any basses close to it (Spector Euro 5 with EMG40DCs and BQS), but it seemed every active bass i plugged it into sounded bad. Would it help to throw a buffered pedal infront of it to tame the signal ( i have a TU-2 that would work as a buffer) or and i gonna have to bite the bullet and get a passive bass if i wanna enjoy a bassballs?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I noticed the same thing, and that's why I don't own my Bassballs anymore. A buffer pedal should do the trick.