1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EH Bassballs and active basses

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Budonze, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Budonze

Budonze

Nov 2, 2000
    I was at the local guitar store last week playing an bunch of basses thru an EH Bassballs (BTW love the sound) Well it sounded great but only when i was playing with passive basses, i tried it with a Geddy jazz and a Fender American P.

But when i picked up a wariwck thumb, or EB stingray or Fender American P deluxe, the pedal seemed way more harsh, overloaded and not as pleasing to the ear.

Now, i would of liked to try it with my bass, but i didnt have it with me and the store didnt have any basses close to it (Spector Euro 5 with EMG40DCs and BQS), but it seemed every active bass i plugged it into sounded bad. Would it help to throw a buffered pedal infront of it to tame the signal ( i have a TU-2 that would work as a buffer) or and i gonna have to bite the bullet and get a passive bass if i wanna enjoy a bassballs?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I noticed the same thing, and that's why I don't own my Bassballs anymore. A buffer pedal should do the trick.