EH Clone Theory chorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by amnesiac, Jan 8, 2006.

1. amnesiac

Jan 7, 2006
    dudes . . .just bought an original Clone Theory pedal, new . .in the original box . . .for $150. How did I get so freaking lucky? I am a total joy division nut and this is like giving me a stiffy just thinking about nailing the watery drone sound of "24 hours" not to mention every other peter hook riff.

crazy, man. I was looking all day and the clone theory i going for $200 at least most places. and that is for a crusty beat up unit.

anyone use this particular chorus unit?

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  2. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I bought one 10 years ago for $15 off of my friend.I've used it to record a couple times.Sounds really good on bass..........
  3. zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    where can you pick one up ...ive been looking for a while now.
  4. Is there any pedal that will come close to the Clone Theory but in smaller size....and price?
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I almost picked one of those up in NYC, very beat up for $100. Really wish I called back and ordered it. She's a glorious sounding pedal.
  6. The Small Clone is probably your best bet. I can get relativly close to the Hook sound with it. I don't know if the Poly Chorus can do it but it's so tweakabale I imagine that Hook's sound is somewher in there. It is much more expensive though.
  7. zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    im using the two in one ibanez bi chorus to good hook effect ...worth checking out . Small clone only has one dial so i would doubt that would give you instant hook. The poly may have it buried in there?
  8. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    side note: where do you go to find used pedals in nyc? i've been looking for places to go hunting
  9. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Analogman Mini Chorus Clone
  10. Hmmm......the Analogman is even MORE expensive than the Clone Theory isn't it? :)

No, but seriously - i know I'm not likely to find anything at bargain price. But keep the suggestions coming if you like...
  11. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Well I've been searching for lots of chorus's recently and shockingly the analogman is the only chorus I could find available in that size.

Have a look at the new Protone Lithium
  12. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Rudy's on 48th. Back room is full of effects in glass cases, have some nice old used ones on occasion.

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...yeah, trying to get a few out at a time is like asking for "water in Hell" there...

PS: I've done it on ocassion though, LOL...
  14. ProTonePedals

ProTonePedals Manufacturer: Pro Tone Pedals

Jul 21, 2004
    Thanks for the mention! I'll see what I can do to get the Lithium in to a smaller enclosure. I can probably get it the same size as Analogmans.

Take care!