Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EH electric mistress on bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nil, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Has anyone had experience with the EH Deluxe Electric Mistress? Overly noisy? Tone sucker?

Do tell...my Boss Bass Chorus is boring me a bit.

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    my guitar room mate has one. i used of for mine. it sounded great. this was an original 70's mistress tho....

killed a bit of bass bottom... but they always do!

3. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    noisy as hell...and it was from the 70s!! cant think of a reason why i would want another unless i was wanting some weird effects ..but not for everyday use.

4. I ended up pickup one for cheap (later-model Deluxe Electric Mistress), it's actually quite nice in that I can get sounds anywhere from mellow "chorus" to total jet-plane action (not as radical as some flangers i've used though).

Pulling it apart and tweaking some of the internal trims gave alot more flexibility, but the circuit board is Rev.B - all the info i've found about internal tweaking seems to be based on earlier rev boards with the trims in totally different places.

Which leads to my only problem (bass response is pretty good, and no noise whatsoever) - there's a real noticable gain loss when the effect is on (OK if the whole song is through it, pretty damn annoying if used to punctuate certain passages).

Does anyone know how to increase the gain on the newer model?