1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EH micro-processor Props

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by szvonek, Oct 26, 2003.

1. I just wanted to let anyone who is in the market for a new effects pedal know how great the Electro-harmonix microprocessor is. I know this might come off sounding like I work for the company or something, but whatever, I'm not.

I had to buy this thing without playing it first-hand and experimenting with all the knobs (although I got to hear some internet sound samples), so I was pretty nervous considering the size of coin you have to drop on it.

But after finally figuring out how to use all the knobs, I realized this pedal is exactly what I was looking for. I've been asking around on this board for pedals that could replicate the sounds on R.E.M.'s "Imitation of Life" and Radiohead's "Exit Music (For A Film)", and this pedal comes about as close as I could have hoped for any pedal. It's awesome.

I haven't been able to try the Akai Deep Impact, I've seen that one get a lot of good reviews too, but it seemed a lot more expensive and I didn't dig the sound samples I heard from that one really.

Anyway, just wanted to share. I know how stressed I was looking for an effects pedal, and if anyone has any questions about this pedal, feel free to ask; I'd be happy to help, I know how it feels...