Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EH micro-processor Props

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by szvonek, Oct 26, 2003.

1. I just wanted to let anyone who is in the market for a new effects pedal know how great the Electro-harmonix microprocessor is. I know this might come off sounding like I work for the company or something, but whatever, I'm not.

I had to buy this thing without playing it first-hand and experimenting with all the knobs (although I got to hear some internet sound samples), so I was pretty nervous considering the size of coin you have to drop on it.

But after finally figuring out how to use all the knobs, I realized this pedal is exactly what I was looking for. I've been asking around on this board for pedals that could replicate the sounds on R.E.M.'s "Imitation of Life" and Radiohead's "Exit Music (For A Film)", and this pedal comes about as close as I could have hoped for any pedal. It's awesome.

I haven't been able to try the Akai Deep Impact, I've seen that one get a lot of good reviews too, but it seemed a lot more expensive and I didn't dig the sound samples I heard from that one really.

Anyway, just wanted to share. I know how stressed I was looking for an effects pedal, and if anyone has any questions about this pedal, feel free to ask; I'd be happy to help, I know how it feels...