Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EH microsynth OR deep impact

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lowendgrumble, Aug 4, 2003.

1. lowendgrumble

lowendgrumble

Apr 13, 2003
    Chicago, il
    Im starting a drum and bass group and was wondering what people thoughts were on these to pedals.
    I know there both a bit different, but has anybody used both or either and feels strongly about them??

2. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Both are great sounding units. The Deep Impact would be easier to use live because it is programmable. The EH would be better for recording because of its thick sound. You will likely want to use a true bypass loop for the EH in a live application where you want clean bass too.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    What BFunk said.

Also, the Deep Impact is built like a tank whereas the EH isn't the most solid of units - it has sliders which could easily be broken live.

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Here's a link to "Bass Player" magazine's review of the Akai. Having owned mine for over 1 1/2 yrs., I found the review describes it pretty well -

http://archive.bassplayer.com/z2001/0102/akai.shtml

The main dis I've heard about the EH unit is that the white tips on the sliders come off easily and the sliders break off without much effort.
    An owner at the Bass Gear Review page said he only had 4 of the sliders left on his because the others broke off so easily.