Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eh, my band's low quality recordings

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Figjam, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    http://www.purevolume.com/figjam

*cringe* they were recorded with a $1 computer mic , heh. Better than nothing i guess, until we get our mixer/mics.

Basically we just pressed record and practiced. Mistakes are made, etc. We arent perfect.

Basically looking to see what anyone thinks about our style, not our skill.

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

need to get a mixer and good mics

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    heh, i know, we are planning on it within the next month or two. Heh, this is just for fun.

4. not a fan of suburbia, everybody sounded a bit lost, the other two are cool, dispite the sound quality, but you are more concerned about the songs than the quality, so i'll say i like the style. your guitar player could stand to step out a bit, but all in all, i like where the songs are going!

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea suburbia is kinda our 'project' song. For some reason we cant figure out what we want to do with it. Today was the first day i tried the bass wah with it, not sure if i like it yet. We'll see where that song goes. It was also the first song we ever wrote, so its kinda meh.

Thanks though.

6. i didn't think the wah was needed in the beginning...i would have saved that for when the guitar has his solo or something...you know, like in the song "exploder" by audioslave?

btw, what wah pedal do you have? it sounds like what i am looking for!

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Dunlop crybaby GCB-100.

8. mmm. i like...nice full range wah...
    anyways, just my thoughts on suburbia...i think i can see where you are going on it though!

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea. Thanks. Once we get our proper recording equipment you'll actually be able to hear the kick drum too! Gasp. As well as the ride...

10. wait...kick drum? ride?
    your drummer wasn't only playing the snare?

sorry, j/k :D

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I rest my case. ;) Its actually a nice drum beat but you can barely hear anything, roar.

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Bump, looking for some comments/constructive criticism.

We alrady decided we need to 'chill' more when we play, and get into more of a groove. Sometimes we seem rushed.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    We re -recorded/changed some stuff. Im quite proud of the song Two Miles to Lexington, i really like it, and the others are pretty chill too.

Take a listen to the newer versions.

http://www.purevolume.com/figjam

14. They all kinda sound like the same song. You might want to work on that.