1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EH Octave Multiplexer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 18eranaRic, Mar 24, 2009.

1. 18eranaRic

18eranaRic Banned

Mar 7, 2009
    Malibu, USA
    Whadya know? How are they on bass?:meh:

2. adrhouston

adrhouston

Jan 14, 2009
    Houston, TX
    DUMB. Would be my review/thoughts in a word. Not in a good way. I had the previous incarnation (without the switch or the light) and i could never get it to do anything that didn't just sound terrible. And yet, it doesn't sound so bad on this demo video:

3. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    18erana- All I need to know in life I learned from the search function.

adrhouston- You might be surprised what you can get out of an octave pedal if you really play the pedal and don't expect it to just play for you!

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It's a great pedal, if you're into analog octave down, with 2 seperate filters, and a switch for dirt.

5. SamanthaCay

SamanthaCay Like bass guitar OMG! Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
    I tried it and it was like it was to slow. I would play a note and there would be a delay between hearing the dry note and the mixed wet note. and the delay was different each time I would play a note. I’m not exactly sure if the thing was working right although the guy who owned the music store where I tried it at said that's how it was supposed to sound. either way it was not for me the pog on the other hand is pretty sweet

6. 18eranaRic

18eranaRic Banned

Mar 7, 2009
    Malibu, USA
    cool, i've only heard great things about the pog, so thanks for the +1 on that.

7. good things - 2 filters, massive tonal versatility for the octave down
    bad things - monophonic, glitches a lot

i like mine, but will replace it at some point...