EH Qtron

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by air_leech, Oct 8, 2005.

1. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    hey all,

I'm looking into getting an envelope filter and the Qtron seems priced about right for my budget.
    what I want to know is if there is any alternative that is worth checking out at the same price range and if the Qtron needs EH's powersupply or will any AC adapter do the job?

2. theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    I have a mini q-tron and I would highly recommend it.It was alot better than the baseballs which was the only one I compared with. It seems that it will only take a EH power supply. I have an adapter that fits but the connection seem loose and wont fit snugly.

BTW does anyone find these tricky to "tune in"? I compare it to tuning a radio in with two tuning controls where one effects the other.
  3. I modified a BOSS power cable, fits fine. It uses a plug the same size as headphone minijacks, only its 'mono' and its tip positive.
  4. wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Bear in mind that the Q-Tron and Mini Q-Tron use different adaptors -the Q-Tron uses a 24V adaptor (or maybe 18V - I can't remember). When I got my Q-Tron off eBay, it didn't come with an adaptor, and didn't sound great with the one I used. Eventually I got a proper E-H one suppling the correct voltage and current, and it made a big difference.
  5. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I'm not a fan of the EHX Q-tron infact I'm pretty much a hater.

For the same money check out

Emma Discumbobulator
    MXR Bass Auto Q
    EBS Bass IQ (s/h)
    DOD fx25 or fx25b
    Guyatone BR-2

These are all excellent filters the best to me is the MXR bass Auto Q