Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EH small stone phase shifter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by maimz, Jul 25, 2001.

1. maimz

maimz

Jul 23, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    just picked up one of these for a cheapo $50 canadian.....gotta love small town music stores....for another 200 i got a roland tr707 and a tr727 to go in the studio.....about the only good thing the boonies are good for....so eyah....who is using one of these pedals....i find it to be quite good inthe tone department and fun as hell....ill have to run this before my envelope follower and see what happens.....im stoked.....btw....does anyone else have a russian made one like mine? peace

2. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I have an original vintage 1977 (?) US model and I like it a lot. I don't use it much in my band situation mainly because it seems to suck the life out of my sound, but it is fun to play with. If I could figure out the true bypass mod (can anyone help me here?) then I would use it more. It sounds very sweet with bass, especially if you put a distortion/OD/Fuzz in front of it. I use the color switch and set the knob about at 11 or 12 o-clock and I like the dreamy-creamy swoosh it gives. I like the analog sound from it.

-KB

3. maimz

maimz

Jul 23, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    yeah.....i like the swoosh sound.....you mean by the bypass mod.....you would like to have the sound not be coloured(no reference to the colour parameter) when the pedal is not in operation....you should enquire about this on analogue heaven my fave mailing list.....anything other than the swooshie sound gives me a weak lfo type modulation ........i use my roland sh09 to modulate my signal so i might just get rid of it...i dunno....i just was offered a dod fx25 which is the envelope follower.......so that would be alot more useful to me.......i dunno......are there any other phase shifters that you have played that are better sounding? my opinion is on the reissue only....maybe i need the original...i dunno...i was expecting some of that Flea style from sir psycho sexy.....this doesnt come close to that ripple sound....anyhow.....peace