1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX Bass Big Muff Pi Volume Issues (Electrical short?)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jimbowhit7, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    Over the past couple of months, virtually every time I’ve used my Bass Big Muff Pi, when I activate it the first time it basically mutes my bass (I just get a barely audible fizzing noise). If I turn it off and on repeatedly, eventually it will work properly, but it still seems quieter and less distorted than it used to be. Does anyone know what the problem might be, and how I can fix it? I really like this pedal, and I want to try and fix it.

Note: I tried playing it in every mode (Dry, Normal, and Bass Boost), and I get the same issue every time.

2. thejusc

thejusc

Mar 8, 2018
    Sounds like your footswitch might be the culprit. If you want to fix it, you're gonna need to get real comfy with soldering and general electrical tomfoolery.

I'm guessing that some leads may have gotten wiggled free and it might be as simple as resoldering the contacts, but I couldn't be sure without seeing the innards

Jimbowhit7 likes this.
  3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Exactly the same thing is up with my BBM and I'm pretty sure it's the footswitch on mine too.

Jimbowhit7 likes this.