Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ehx bassballs

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fishbrain, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    what the hell? i'v had this pedal for bout a yr now and cant think ofone practical use for it except impressing people that dont know anything!! has anyone else found this or know what to do with it??

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I agree it's a bit limited, but you can get some really cool sounds out of it by running a fuzz before it in the signal chain.

Doing this, you get a bass sound like the intro to 'Plug In Baby' by Muse.

3. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    i have done!! i got the ibanez phat hed!!
    ah well

4. It's not exactly a "must have."

Unless you must impress people
    that don't know poop.

5. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Heh, sure... it's limited, but it's not useless. I do wish I had another filter, but it's good at what it does.

6. I pulled the trim pots off of the PCB and replaced them with two externally mounted pots to be able to control the Q of the two filters independently. Makes it a bit more versitile. I remounted the whole thing in a regular Hammond (phase100-type) enclosure, too.

~ Charlie

7. Whoa there, that sounds like a good idea, I may have my electronic kluge buddy do that to one of mine someday. I do have to say that the Bassballs is my all time fave, I have 2 originals and a NYC.