1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ehx bbmp voltage sag

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tourniquet Man, Mar 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tourniquet Man

Tourniquet Man

Jun 12, 2015
    So I was playing around with my bass big muff the other day trying to get something out of it other than rubbish... So I dropped the voltage on my pp2 and cranked the gain on the muff and was pleasantly surprised with the results.

Has anyone els out there tried this with the bbmp? I know this pedal is crap but it was my first pedal and a gift so I'm reluctant to let it go and really trying to make it work.

2. Dropping the voltage works great with plenty of fuzz and drive circuits, but I don't find the BMP to be one of them IME.

Course, it depends if we're talking about guitar or bass. Sag with guitar is great for so many drives and fuzzii.
    On bass we tend to lose the fundamental pretty easily and get lost in the mix even more with a BMP if we drop the volts.

Tourniquet Man likes this.
  3. Tourniquet Man

Tourniquet Man

Jun 12, 2015
    Was just jamming in my bedroom so good to know about the loss of presence in a mix.

4. most of the dead/dying batt mods I've seen have been focused on fuzzes or in modified fuzz/od pedals.

Not much to add other than I have wanted to try it with my various fuzzes. but yeah it's a thing and (relatively) common thing.