Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EHX Big Muff (US)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pantsman, Jul 12, 2005.

1. What a pile of junk!! :scowl: i went in to the local, to buy a Russian Big Muff Pi and they had sold it 3 hours earlier, i had my eye on that for months!!! so i decided to test the US model they had there, i dunno what was wrong with it but it sound dreadful!!

I couldn't get a single useable tone, *sigh* guess i just have to wait for them to get another russian, and hope it sounds as good as the last one they had (which sounded insanely good!!!)

I also tested a Hartke 115 combo, not bad, but still not what i am looking for in an amp, just not my sound ... ahh when will i find my tone :bawl:

2. Russian muffs rule the pool. People say how the US one is better; bull%^&*, in my opinion. the US one is built a little more solidly (metal jacks) but the russian one sounds better. If it was good enough for ol' cliff it should be good enough for anyone.

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    IMHO they are both crap. :bag:

4. I got my Russian Muff on ebay for about 50 bucks, so check there if you dont want to wait on your local shop.