EHX Black Finger & LBP 2ube combination

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stedtale, Dec 21, 2005.

1. I am interested in running both a EHX LBP 2ube and an EHX Black finger. Both use two 12AX7s. Would running both of these and then going into my amp cause any issues? It doesn't seem like it would, but I am wondering if it would be upping the singnal too much. Anyone ever done this?
  2. i've never tried that, but my guess is that it would be the same as putting two pedals in line. they are both just effect pedals.
    give it a try :)
  3. That's what I'm thinking.

I was just concerned because they call the 2ube a "pre-amp", but I'm guessing that just means it sounds like a tube pre amp.
  4. You'll be able to manage the level going into your amp with the output level control on the black finger. You should also be able to slam the black finger pretty hard with the LBP 2ube to get some very audible compression effects, pumping and breathing and such... Depending on what you are playing, how you set the black finger and how it responds, I guess that could sound good or bad depending on the individual perspective of your personal creative sensibilities. ;)

~ Charlie