1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EHX Chillswitch as standard effects loop toggle

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KillerEddie, Jan 4, 2017.

1. KillerEddie

KillerEddie

Aug 10, 2016
    Georgia
    I'm a bit confused by the wording on their site. I get that it can be used as a momentary switch wherein you only get the effects loop while the switch is pressed in, or at least that's what it implies but can it be used to engage a loop like an A/B? I mean tap the switch once to engage loop?

2. jking138

jking138

Oct 6, 2013
    I just bought a EHX Killswitch (which seems to be exactly the same as the chillswitch) and I am starting to think that I misunderstood how it works as well.

You can switch between the direct dry input signal and the fx loop, but there is also supposed to be a setting to let your direct signal through all the time and switch the fx loop in/out making it an A/A+B.
    It's momentary so you need to hold the switch down for the duration. You can either set it to always on - fsw disengages or always off - fsw engages.

3. jking138

jking138

Oct 6, 2013
    Side question as I know there are some people on here who know their circuits ....

Could you change the momentary switch for a regular switch?

The reason being that I want to mix my loop with the direct signal so I can add my dirt to the loop.
    I know the Boss ls2 does this but I thought the EHX would as well.