1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX Germanium OD

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BruceBass3901, Apr 29, 2010.

1. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

Oct 17, 2009
    Wickham, UK
    Has anybody tried the Germanium OD on bass? I just got a Lomenzo Hyperdrive, and it is alright, but I would like somthing a little warmer that isn't quite so mid-focused.

Would this be able to get a warmer, more blusey overdrive?

2. lowregister

lowregister

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison, WI
    I was also wondering this. Sound samples anyone!?

3. I wan't a huge fan of it. In general i go to EHX for fuzz, NOT overdrive. I thought the OD on my EHX Holy Stain multi was better for bass than the Germanium.

4. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    I heard a couple demos of the Germanium, and to me it sounded kind of brittle and harsh, I'd look else where, maybe give the EHX Bass Blogger a shot, its more subtle, might be what you're looking for

5. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

Oct 17, 2009
    Wickham, UK
    I listened to the Bass Blogger and thought that it really didn't sound that great. Are there any other good overdrives that are worth trying?

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Welcome to the internet. :rollno:

7. yep great pedal. super warm overdrive (not fuzz or distortion) tone. it's not a plug and play pedal, you have to fiddle with the knobs a lot to get the right sounds, but they're there.