EHX Hot Tubes Bass settings???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Eedwards7891, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Eedwards7891

Eedwards7891

Dec 11, 2017
    I recently picked up the EHX Hot tubes nano pedal, and I am trying to dial in a good sound. I don't want the farty overdriven tube sound . I just want it to have a slightly driving, bright tone I can run all the time , as an overall tone boost.

I will use this pedal in two bands - one playing stoner in C tuned down to A#, and in standard for a cover band .

I also would appreciate any advice on my existing setup (see pictures). All that is missing is a loop pedal in between the hot tubes and the silencer, to use my MicroPog and Bass big Muff pi deluxe in an exclusive distortion loop.

Thank you for your advice !

Attached Files:

2. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    It just does that squared out distortion so well, I think that’s the best use for it. Think of it as a bit synthy and you’ll find uses for it. Great in a loud band context.

This thread looked lonely in a search so I answered it.

3. I find the Hot Tubes to be a very dynamic + useful pedal from adding a bit of warmth or boost, a tone control all the way thru woman or brown sound. I am always tinkering with mine depending on the vibe I need from the efx chain. Bypassing the tone stack really opens up the gain so you might try that with lower gain settings for the tone your after.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021