1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX KnockOut

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Harry Grossman, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Harry Grossman

Harry Grossman

Apr 9, 2010
    VA
    Im wondering about getting this pedal to make my ibanez sound funkier. do you think it'll help? i wanna get an rhcp-type sound with it. if not, at least make my ibanez sound like a fender. thanks for the help and reviews!:hyper:

2. well the knockout is purely an EQ - its pretty cool but i felt the 'bass' control a bit too extreme though. It wont make an Ibanez sound like a fender, and if you want a 'flea' style sound but dont wanna spend the bucks on the stingray, take a look at the Ibanez ATK - it sound amazingly like a stingray due to the triple-coil pickup and they're pretty cheap. especially used.

3. Harry Grossman

Harry Grossman

Apr 9, 2010
    VA
    ehh...my friend has an atk he just recently had fixed. it sounds great but i dont like the way it plays. so u dont think it'll make my ibanez sound better? bummer. whatever, thanks!

4. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Better is subjective.

What don't you like about your Ibby?

5. Harry Grossman

Harry Grossman

Apr 9, 2010
    VA
    i love it, its a great bass, but it always sounds weird when i play anything rhcp on it. ive played stingrays at my local music store and i love it. and by better i just mean funkier.

6. Then why dont you save up, sell the Ibanez and get a stingray?

7. Harry Grossman

Harry Grossman

Apr 9, 2010
    VA
    idk...im only 13. how should i earn money?

8. ah right, hmmm. You tried any of the budget stingray clones on the market? OLP do a line of them, including a 5-string Tony Levin signature bass. the clones have the same pickup configuration and look pretty similar, they're just not as high quality. They will feel more like stingrays than the ATK.

The Knockout could would for you, but its definitely worth trying it first.

9. Harry Grossman

Harry Grossman

Apr 9, 2010
    VA
    sounds good, thanks! and thats a pretty nice bass in your avatar. what is it?

10. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    OLP don't make budget Music Man copies anymore, but Music Man have their own budget line now called "Sterling by Music Man."

http://www.sterlingbymusicman.com/

-- T. G. --