1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX Memory Toy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grygrx, Sep 27, 2009.

1. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I posted a pic in the pedalboard thread and I got more than a few questions about it, so I figured I'd start up a thread.

I've been trying to simplify my stuff a little, and decided that a $300+ delay (the Skreddy Echo) was more than I could justify. Anyway, the memory toy seemed like a good fit for the price so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Ordered it earlier in the week and it came on Friday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sample:
    Changing Settings Ever 4 bars

I'm no delay snob or aficionado, but it seems like a cool little box to me. It certainly fits the need I have for it.

2. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Hmm. I like the feedback you got at the end of the clip. Nice simple delay, with some added fun with oscillation. I might try one of these out.

3. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I am pumped. I was freaking out for a Memory Man for a while but decided I did not need the chorus. Then I was down to the Memory Boy and the Carbon Copy...But this pedal for the price...Seems pretty darn good.

4. I love my Memory Boy, it beat out of my very loved echobox for a spot on my board.

I don't use the modulation heaps so I could see myself getting just as much joy from the memory toy.

5. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    +1

6. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This. Depending on how the Malekko 616 fares on bass I may be getting one of these instead. Half the price and a very awesome sounding clip!

7. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Any problems with daisy chaining?

8. Also Grygrx, the new jazz bass sounds really nice.

9. Holy crap, there's at least 7 trimmers on that thing. One of them is clearly marked 'mod depth,' but I could just ruin a perfectly good pedal playing with those.:D

Edit::: I just noticed, is that a dual layer board above the jacks?

10. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Heh that's my 5 string MTD Artist. Jazz isn't here yet. ;)

[​IMG]

11. I must be behind the times, I didn't even know you had an MTD either...

12. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    I've done a crap job of keeping things updated. When the Jazz gets here, I'll take some time and update my equipment list for bassfuzz.

13. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Interesting conversation here: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=607035&highlight=memory

Including:
    P9250169.

14. looks like one heckuva deal! I predict they will sell these like flapjacks at a church breakfast!

15. I want one, but I don't need it...has that ever stopped me? No...I think I'll get one :p.

16. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    I will probably grab one as well for the hell of it.

17. That's the way I'm looking at it...it's not really alot of money.

18. and it'll be even less when i buy it off you in 3 weeks! :p

19. Hmmm :ninja:. No comment. If I get one and don't like it, I'll more likely trade it...

20. well... you or whoever!