1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX Metaphors

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Headless Llama, Sep 26, 2009.

1. I just got a metaphors. I like it so far. I know that this thing is love it or hate it. What are the current opinions on this pedal?

2. I was interested in these. Can you post some clips?

3. I would if I could figure out how to get a good sound through my laptop mic... When I record myself I get a really distorted sound. But, this pedal is basically a preamp. I bought it used from musicgoround I haven't tried it at home yet, but I liked it in the store. I'll mess with the video...

4. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I wasn't impressed in the store, but if it works for you, great.

5. Well, I had the time to try this thing out at home, and I see no value in owning this pedal... It just does nothing that I can't do with my other gear. I guess I liked at the store because I was using kinda of a crappy amp, the pedal made it sound good. I'll be taking the pedal back tomorrow. I'll stick with my boss GT6B.

6. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Do you think EHX are running out of name ideas? They normally use a metaphorical naming convention, but must of named this at 5.00 on a Friday, and just said, 'oh sod it, lets just call it metaphor'.

7. I don't think that they are running out of name ideas, I think that they are running out of pedal ideas!!! It seems like they come out with a fuzz, some sort of weird filter, and then they come out with a multi pedal that has all three in them, but not as good as individual. I should have learned my lesson when I bought that damn holy stain, a few years back when I played guitar more.