1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX Muff Overdrive on bass : anybody tried that?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Inconnu, May 14, 2011.

1. I heard good reviews on the Double Muff on bass, but I'm thinking of getting a smoother, less distorted, pedal then my Bass Big Muff and wondered if a Muff Overdrive would do the trick, and not cut too much lows. Anybody tried that?

2. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    I have one.
    I found though that it drops low end for me.
    YMMV

3. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    try an earthbound audio supercollider, dripping with low end and pretty smooth

4. Thanks, there's so much threads with the word muff that are about the big muff that I never came across these sound samples.

Sounds great, but the fact that the output of the bass controls the distortion makes me think that it wouldn't be as subtle as I'd like to with my G&L... I guess I'll try one... and try to spot the earthbound.

5. If you use the google search option, try searching on the phrase "nano muff", which is usually how the muff overdrive is referred to.

By the way, I disagree with the recommendation for the Supercollider. It is based on the big muff, and is certainly not "less distorted". On the contrary, it always sounded much higher gain than a regular big muff to me.