1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EHX POG = Multi Effect.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ron Now, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    POG users have you messed around with all possible options on your pedal? You would be pleasntly surpised to find that by the proper selection of all sliders you can make the POG into an Octaver, Fuzz, and Phaser or a combonation of all three.

If anyone is intrested in hearing what I mean by this I can record some samples and post them up here.

But a quick rundown for POG users. To do the fuzz put the input all the way up and the output all the way down (adjust output to add right amount of bass back into the signal). The phaser happens when you put up an octave and a detuned octave it produces subtle/musical a shifting wavelength especially noticeable when playing chords with the distortion going

Don't know if you all know about these things but I never really saw anyone mention it before so I figured I should share the weath (or something).

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Samples would be great. Sounds like you've stumbled onto a real gem!

3. yeah, especially the phaser...plus if you can get it to sound like a sitar, that'd be a bonus...i recall the last POG thread i was involved in somebody claimed that the POG could make your bass sound like a sitar, but he never gave any sound samples :)

4. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    Thats a sample of the fuzz sound with the phaser effect going, about half way though I switch around the faders to change the sound around. Basically you can get infiniate amount of variations due to the slider positions.

http://rapidshare.de/files/18451490/K.mp3.html

The second sample is just the fuzz sound alone, you can vary the amount of treble/bass depending on where the LP filter is set.

http://rapidshare.de/files/18451587/s.mp3.html

These are just two basic sounds I was messing around with, more time and space on my recorder would mean alot more crazy sounds this little unit can produce.

*note: The only effect used in these recordings is the POG no other devices were used*

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Both sound equally :cool:

6. that pseudo-phaser sounds very unique

I like it :)

7. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i learn more about this machine every day.
    genius.
    i love my pog!
    :hyper: :bassist: :hyper: