Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ehx q-tron

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BASS_PLAYERS, Jul 8, 2002.

1. BASS_PLAYERS

BASS_PLAYERS

Mar 3, 2001
    Ada, Ok
    I have read the bass player article, now i want to see what people who arent getting payed off by electro harmonics think. how does the new mini q-tron sound? i have heard samples on their website, but these are not allways accurate. thanks

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I tried it out at a music store. It provided a nice auto wah / envelope filter effect.

However, you seem to lose the main core of your bass sound, along with some bottom. It would probably work for a solo, or for adding an additional track over an existing bass line. I don't think that it would work very well in the live mix of a full band if you plan on grooving though an entire song with the Qtron on.

See my post on the Ibanez SB7 Bass Synthesizer. It also has its limitations, but you don't lose as much of your core bass sound. This stomp box has an auto wah / envelope filter sound, as well as a 1980s synth sound, which I believe is generated by a combination of an auto wah and overdrive module. tracking of fast riffs is excellent.

3. pudgefactor

pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    Boston
    I've tried out the QTron a couple of times. The low pass filter is very nice, but the rest of the effects
    are very poor on the bass IMO. The other filters wipe out the bass (high pass filter, go figure!) and
    are made for guitar. Overall, not meant for a bass.