Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EHX Small Clone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassman314, Oct 29, 2005.

1. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    ok, so I've been putting together a 'Micro Rig' with the effects Iuse the most, and a SansAmp, for times when the full beast just isn't an option.

I always use Chorus, and I always use Reverb.

I just picked up a Small Clone Chorus... and wow... impressive.. gorgeous... rich... simple...

You have 2 flavors: a rich, deep chorus, or a sublte chorus. both are amazing. There's therate knob that adjusts the well.. rate...

The tone is great. No loss of the low end that I could detect. I love it. I might get a second one and sell my CEB-3!

Anyone else with similar experiences?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, I want to get one, but my chorus spot is claimed by my Peavey BAC-2. I've always liked the tone and will get a Small Clone one day, and I'll get a Small Stone to put next to it and all will be good.

3. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Have you ever tried an EBS unichrous, fulltone chrous/flange, mxr 134, or any other newer chrous pedals? Im in the market for one and just wanted to hear some of your input.
    Mike

4. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I've got a Small Clone and a Small Stone snuggled up together and I can attest that it is good.

5. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Honestly, I haven't. I've played with most of the BOSS choruses (all but the ginormous double pedal one), Digitech, and the Small Clone. I've goofed around with some digital choruses available in rack-mount verb units.

Like all EHX stuff, you get more than you pay for. I got the clone for $75 at GC. To me, it seems EHX puts the money into making a pedal that does a narrow range of things very well.