1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX Soul Preacher - sudden volume drop

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SpiritualBass, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I've bought an Electro Harmonix Soul Preacher compressor, and have noticed repeatedly a sudden drop in volume while playing for a while.

I start out adjusting the gain so its the same volume switched on or switched off. When the volume drop happens, it's same volume when switched off, but lower volume when switched on.

Is that something I have to deal with with this kind of effect or is my compressor broken? I don't think I can live with that if it happens during play.

Have you ever had such a problem with any effect before and what did you do about it?

Thanks in advance for your help

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If it's something that only happens after you've been playing for a while, then it's malfunctioning. I've had similar things happen with other pedals; in one case it was a pot that went bad, in another case it was a single resistor with a bad solder joint.