EHX Synth 9 .... Hands on Video

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Darknut, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Darknut

Darknut

Apr 4, 2009
    Got my Synth 9 today

Tracking: Some of the synths track to Low E perfectly ... all the synths track pretty consistently to low A as advertised.

The the 2 main settings knobs def effect tracking, some synths much more than others.

I have a EHX Pitchfork (upper octave) in front of the Synth 9 & a dirt pedal & revert/delay after.
    You can get some very convincing keys sounds going.

I'll try to shoot some video in the morning.

2. Darknut

Darknut

Apr 4, 2009
    Video is uploading

crapusername and Stefmeister like this.
  3. Darknut

Darknut

Apr 4, 2009
    Here it is warts & all. I messed with it last night for about 10 mins & shot this video this morning so this video is certainly not rehearsed in any way.

I def like the Synth 9 a lot .... it is not perfect but very usable IMHO

I'm going to do another video after I use the synth 9 for a while. I have been messing around with it while waiting for this video to process & upload & the Synth 9 combined with a MS60B & Pitchfork makes for a lot of possibilities. There is a little bit of this on the video. :)

4. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    How low will it track clean?

5. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Saw your answer in your other thread. Maybe you should merge the two threads

6. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Nice. I'm excited to see/hear this thing on bass!

7. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

Eagerly awaiting.

--^@

8. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    It's up, he made another thread about it. Sounds cool to me, can't tell how low he's playing sometimes though so it's hard to pick out the tracking quality.

Chicory Blue likes this.
  9. Darknut

Darknut

Apr 4, 2009
    I'm going to make another video after I have a few days with the Synth 9 .. this video was pretty much a cold turkey run.

OBX & EHX Mini Track down to low Db (I tune down a 1/2 step -Dtuner) pretty much all settings. The others depends on the settings. Also these 2 synths are not effected as much if your playing is not exactly precise.

All the synths Track very well but if your sloppy you will hear weirdness. You can hear some of that on the video when my playing was sloppy.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  10. mrufino1

mrufino1

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    That's the case with most of the synth pedals I think. My playing is cleaning up pretty quickly as I'm practicing with my microsynth. Keeping the strings muted berween notes is essential to make it sound like a keyboard.

Thanks for posting the video by the way.

11. leemurray

leemurray

Oct 4, 2008
    8:00 Tom Sawyer. BUYING IT

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022