EHX Tri Parallel Mixer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by smittybass33, Jul 3, 2019.

1. True bypass isn't really superior. It was when buffered bypass sucked, but buffered hasn't sucked in a while now. I'd wager you'd be better suited with a modern buffered bypass any day than a true bypass.

Any pedal I have that offers a choice, I choose buffered. More consistent signal. No popping. I don't see why anyone would choose true bypass if given the choice.

True bypass is just easier/cheaper to do as far as building a pedal. It's not a feature.

Zymba likes this.
  2. Resurrecting this thread a bit...

I haven’t had a chance to demo this, are the switches quiet? I love soft touch over the hard clicks, especially live when I have to swap effects in a quiet moment.

3. HeavyFingers

HeavyFingers Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Arise!

I was looking to possibly pick one of these up and was wondering if any owners can chime in as to the state of their pedals? I read that there was a rash of bad units so they had to do a recall to a certain extent. Anyone have to exchange theirs?

Besides that, as another poster commented, the main complaint of the unit is getting unity gain across all 3 channels. Is this just a matter of spending some time figuring it out or a constant issue?

Thanks!

4. RissKippery

RissKippery

Mar 3, 2016
    Same price point, works great.

upload_2020-11-26_11-31-26.jpeg

5. HeavyFingers

HeavyFingers Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2006
    I saw that one in my searches as well and it definitely looks elegant in its more simplified layout. That said, you are obviously missing a third pedal loop with the OBNE. The idea I had was to have the following in each loop:

0. The clean from my bass
    1. Parametric EQ - to push more mids and a hard cut EQ shelving at 70hz and 7khz
    2. Tech21 SH1 - main "amp" tone
    3. DSM noisemaker sub atomic- OD/Fuzz pedal

The mixer/blender signal would then feed into a cabinet sim pedal to EQ everything to taste. With everything running in series, when I added the para EQ at the front it definitely helped with my overall tone. The other pedals sounded good before....its just better now with the para.

Who knows, I might wind up going bass -> para EQ -> mixer anyway to get the tone I want instead of what I suggested above, but I won't really know until I start experimenting.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021