Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EHx Tube Zipper bass samples?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dadodetres, May 12, 2005.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    anyone got any?

the official page only has guitar samples, and i did a search and founded one link here, but gçwas not working

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I think alot of the subtley of effect would be lost on bass. When I was demoing one I noticed the effect would range from all manner of distortion and light overdrive to synth sounding settings. It also could be set from almost unnoticable settings to almost completely useless settings.

If I was in the market for a bass friendly synth-distortion box I would be way more interested in the Crowther Prunes and Custard than the Tube Zipper.

Adam

3. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY

im actaually looking for a synth with the most parameters to tweak posible. the one thatt sound more space.crazy.psycodelic. i was looking foward the digitech, but i think ill have a better sound quality with EHx

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Synth? Well don't rule out Moog and Lovetone.

Good luck finding what you want.

5. Bassin' 'Round

Bassin' 'Round Banned

Apr 30, 2005
    abark000 (or ANYONE else, lol)...

I'm definately looking for synth.

Moog: MF-103? -105? All Moog stuff?

Lovetone: Meatball?

Crother Prunes / Custard: Who makes these? They are synths?

What about the Line6 FM-4? Think it would handle bass reasonably well?

Thanks.

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I like my cheap Ibanez Bass Synth, but it might not be what you are looking for. The Boss Synth had some good settings but I never found any great settings for it.

I have heard good things about Moog, but I've never played through one. The Meatball is a insane enevelope filter that supposedly triggers "love it or hate it" responses, very little middle ground with that one. High price tag is another reason many might avoid it.

I have no idea about the Line 6 thingy. I have also the Chunk Systems 00Funk is an amazing enevelope filter.

Good luck.

7. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    ok, is there any other pedal/effect with filters to control?

im looking for a synth (or any other cool effect with filters).

is the electro harmonix tube zipper a good synth? does it sound wierd? space-y? psycodelic?

what other pedal or synth would you recomend me with filter control?

8. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Just a heads up - I've got a Zipper up in the for sale forum. It is indeed very synthy, weird, spacey, psychedelic and some other things too. Sorry I can't get you any clips...

9. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY

actuelly i live in uruguay, so i cant make those king of oreders...

but once in a while a relative travels to the US, so i cant try it either... tell me how it respnd to the low end...? and how about the filter control, using it at real time...

10. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Must stop self from PM'ing Musique Fann over Zipper must stop my self don't need any more pedals GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

What power supply does it use, any chance I can run it off a dunlop power brick?

Cheers

11. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Hehe - you know you want it.
    About the power - no brick or Onespot here. It uses the weirdest power supply I've ever seen in my life. The tip of the plug is just bizarre - I wonder if it's the same style as the Muff'n or their other pedals with tubes?