1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX XO Stomp-a-Bility

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BruceBass3901, Apr 11, 2010.

1. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

Oct 17, 2009
    Wickham, UK
    I now have two EHX XO series pedals on my pedalboard, the Bass Big Muff and the Knockout. With both of these, I have found that they are difficult to step on without brushing the controls with the toe of my shoe.

However, I have also found that if I turn the pedals 90 degrees anti-clockwise, so the controls are on the left of the switch rather than above, it is much easier to turn it on without changing the settings.

Has anybody else found this, or any other way of avoiding brushing the knobs? Or am I just clumsy

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    You're just clumsy ;).

I used TB loopers for many of pedals for a long time until I got my footwork down. I am now TB looper-free!

It really just depends on how you're stepping on your pedals. There was a recent thread about people using "settings savers" from www.fxdoctor.com.

3. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

Oct 17, 2009
    Wickham, UK
    It isn't so much that I am always moving the controls, I just find it easier to mount them sideways

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Buy pointy shoes.

5. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

Oct 17, 2009
    Wickham, UK
    That is exactly what my parents and my guitarist said :p