1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eich amplification thread

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hallic, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Hallic

Hallic

Sep 2, 2012
    Im really interested in buying an eich combo since im looking for a fairly neutral and detailed sound bass amp. They have been available for a while now but it took a while before there were some decent audio demos:

T1000 model
    DI-sound only
    :

I would say its a quite direct, neutral-ish sound. Not too boomy bass or treble heavy. The texture-character of the treble does seem a bit brittle/rough giving it bite to transients.

Im currently looking at the bc112 combo, this is the closed demo i have found:
    112XS Cabinet

(its the same cab, but the tweeter is off in this demo)

Unfortunattely the tecamps are not avaible anymore where i live. They seem to have less detailed bottom(hint of "wool") but soft/sweeter trebbles. Also bit less neutral overal in frequencie response.

Anyone tried new eichs or techamps and want to comment?

2. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Search Results for Query: Eich | TalkBass.com

3. PaPaVB20

PaPaVB20

Aug 19, 2008
    Hello! how are you= I will try to tell you a little bit of my experience, hoping that it will help you a little bit. I played a Markbass Alain Caron Signature and a TecAmp Bonafide/Supercab (12"+10"+3 tweeters) for years as my main rigs, I had the Markbass for Latin/R&B/Disco gigs, and the TecAmp for the rock/pop gigs because the Markbass had a more present low end, especially the low mids were more creamy as a way to try to explain. The TecAmp was a lot brighter, more articulate. I liked both a lot, but then EICH amps appeared and I followed them for a year, finally at NAMM this year I went and try Markbass, TecAmp and within 5 minutes after, went to EICH to test them and check out the difference...
    I was blown away, completely blown away, the best way to explain is that, if we put the markbass in one side and the tecamp in the other regarding (one side being very warm and the other very bright) the sound on the EICH was perfectly balanced on the center. The EICH rigs were so versatile, the frecuency points chosen for the EQ were perfect(for my ears at least), my new bass sounded amazing, exactly the sound I have always searched for, simply perfect. The T1000 is the best amp I have ever played through, and the 1210S cab is able to reproduce the full range of my 8 and 10 string basses, from the lowest note to the really high guitar like register, without any problem.
    I loved the sound of EICH to the point were I came back from NAMM and since, I already sold the Markbass and put on to sell the TecAmp rig too (still on sale), no more 2 rigs, no need for them as EICH amps have everything I need. I actually understand you, is hard to find videos demoing EICH rigs, I think mostly because they are fairly new in the Market, I´ll make some videos when my rig arrives. The best advice I could give is try one, you´ll never forget the feeling of it, it´s so pure, doesn´t color the sound of the bass, but still gives you endless sounds opcionts throught the eq and the taste knob.
    Also check out their XS series of cabs, extremely small and lightweight, with incredible power and the perfect tone you expect from them.

iwearpumas likes this.
  4. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Eich gear is pretty top notch equipment. I've played nearly everything under the sun over the last 30 years including gear from most major bass amplification manufacturers (yes, including Tecamp) up to some really high end "boutique" gear from some of the best builders around. I'm currently using an Eich T900 and Eich 1210S and 212S cabs.
    The build quality is some of the best in the business, the tone is very neutral and transparent without sounding "lifeless" or "dull" and the gear really lets your instrument and playing shine through.
    There are a lot of benefits with the Eich gear; lightweight, easy to transport, feature rich, affordable, and very versatile. With the tweeter control systems and the Taste knob I can change from pristine, hi-fi, hear every bit of string noise and fret click to smooth, warm, vintage tone with the flick of a couple switches and a twist of the Taste knob. I'm hard pressed to think of a style or type of music that something in the Eich arsenal wouldn't work for.
    There are a couple downsides as well; there's limited support here in the United States and a very limited dealer/supplier network.
    I actually ordered my cabs through Thomann.de and had them shipped from Germany. Even with international shipping, the cabs were significantly less expensive than most equivalent "boutique" cabs here in the U.S.
    I've bought and sold a TON of gear over the last couple years searching for my "dream rig" and so far, this is working for me.
    Just my thoughts, as usual!

iwearpumas likes this.
  5. Hi matt- is this all still the case?

6. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Eich gear is still some of my favorite. From a price point, portability and tone perspective, it's just great stuff.

7. My 2 cents.

I gigged the Tecamp Puma 900 for a year and sold it. Too polite, too glassy, too transparent, too open, it sounded kind of sterile to me.
    It has a great slap tone and can give you this super open and transparent modern hi-fi tone in great quality. I like some character (I'm basically an Aguilar guy), so the Puma was definitely not for me.

A few weeks ago, I tested several amps (Glockenklang Steamhammer, Trickfish Bullhead, Markbass Ninja, Darkglass M900, Mesa Subway 800, and the Eich T 1000) in my local store with my main bass and my cabs.
    Although it sounded rather modern and very clean, the T 1000 was superb. It has super smooth highs that I've never heard before in this way, yet at the same time, it's super quick and has enormous definition and punch. I dialed in the lows and the low mids quite a bit and it stayed super focussed, tight and punchy, quite impressive. In fact, the tone impressed me so much that I delayed buying the Glockenklang, which is my no 1 from that list.
    I'd like to check out the Eich TR 900 before making my final decision.

bassclef04 likes this.
  8. AnotherOneBitesTheBass

AnotherOneBitesTheBass

Jan 19, 2016
    How would you describe their cabs tonewise? I'm looking for a traditional style of sound, but I do not want to be a slave to the weight of the traditional brands. I'm thinking of getting 2 Eich 112XS , one at a time; But although I live in Europe, there is not much availability to try before buying. My fear is that the cab is very focused and lacking bottom end, since this line of cabs are designed to extreme portability.

9. AnotherOneBitesTheBass

AnotherOneBitesTheBass

Jan 19, 2016
    Sorry, I don't get your point.

10. bassclef04

bassclef04 Bass and Beyond! Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    Sorry i meant to quote someone else

11. bassclef04

bassclef04 Bass and Beyond! Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    What are your thoughts on the Trickfish amp?

12. A very good, high quality amp. The technical specs look a bit basic at first - no drive, no voice, but it doesn't need any of that IMO. The EQ works very well and especially boosting 80Hz makes the walls shake, yet it stays focussed and punchy. It seemed very much like a plug 'n play amp to me. I would probably just boost the lows and the low mids a bit to get my tone (I like some Gary Willis low mid or Jaco/Victor Bailey mid mid growl and some dirt here and there, that's why I favour the new Glockenklang Steamhammer).
    I've been told the DI-out of the Bullhead sounds really good, but I have no first hand experience here.
    The basic tone is kind of smooth with warm/organic highs, not harsh like some other amps. If you cut the low mids a bit, you're in Marcus Miller land (ok, that's very simplified).

The Trickfish and the Eich T 1000 were kind of similar, basically a smooth but not too polite tone, warm/organic highs, very tight and punchy lows and low mids, not cold or sterile in any way. If you boost the lows / low mids and cut the highs, you can get a bit of a vintage-like flavour, however, not as much as some Aggie amps.
    For a first impression, I feel this is a half-way accurate representation of the Bullhead's tone. Definitely an excellent allround amp IMO. If I could afford it, I'd get the new Glockenklang and the Bullhead (but I first have to check out the Eich TR 900). So many choices these days.

Here are more sound samples from a German speaking website. The guy who did the test is a badass player. Scroll down roughly two thirds. The test is very positive with special mention of the great tone.
    Trickfish Bullhead 1K/SM112 Test :: bonedo.de

Since this is an Eich thread, here's a current test of the T900 including sound samples.
    Eich Amplification T900 Test :: bonedo.de

13. iwearpumas

iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    I wish you had more for me to buy.