Eighteen sound speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Catalin, May 18, 2007.

1. Never heard of them. What do you plan on doing with them? Are you building a 4x10?

2. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    They appear to make rather nice speakers and their spec sheets are very comprehensive - nice to see off-axis response plots.

Of course, it's all about what you do with the speakers- what do you intend?

Alex

3. Good grief! You really must have some awesome amounts of cash to throw at your project! Those Eminence prices made me gag. When does this G.A.S. gear chase ever end? Those NEO drivers are so expensive..

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Before buying any drivers, let alone very expensive drivers, you need to learn about matching driver T/S specs to the intended cabinet and usage. The 10MB600, for instance, looks very impressive, but it is a PA midbass driver and is not suited for use with electric bass.

5. So what good speaker do you recommend me for a 4x10 cab? I have a ampeg svp pro preamp and a want to buy a custom made tube power amp.

6. fast slapper

fast slapper Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
  7. So you think eighteen sound are not the best option for me ?

8. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    From a cost versus performance stand point - I think the Deltalite 2510 II is more than adequate for your 410

9. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    One does not purchase drivers based on the brand name, one buys drivers based on their T/S specs. You need to do a lot of research into how loudspeakers work before even thinking about building your own. These are some sources to get you started:
    http://www.eminence.com/resources_data.asp
    http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?WebPage_ID=146
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?PartNumber=500-035&raid=29&rak=500-035

10. Ok i think i will look to Eminence then. I will not build the cabinet myself:smug: I know a guy who makes cabs, he will do the job. I must chose the speakers. He recommended me eightenn sound. But.....
    For the that money i think i can buy 4xEminence Basslite CA2010 Neo 10" + 1xEminence Legend CB15 15".
    What do you think ?

11. Rick James

Rick James Inactive

Feb 24, 2007
    New Jersey
    That makes as much sense as going to buy a car and having the dealer tell you to go out and find an engine for him to put in it. Pay attention: you can't just stick some speakers into a box and have it sound good. The speakers must be matched to the cab.

12. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I see that you are from a long ways away from here. I think your best bet is, if you can get your hands on Eminence DeltaliteII2510's, then have your guy build an exact copy of an Avatar cab for you. then you will basically have about the best 410 on the planet, unless you have the cash for the boutique stuff. Let me know, as I have my Avatar 410 copied, in dimensions and port lengths and all, and on Win-Isd, so you can build an exact copy. Send me your regular e-mail address, and I'll send you all that you need, but make sure you can get the drivers first, or it's for naught.

13. AckAckAttack

AckAckAttack

Aug 27, 2006
    but i mean.. if you're going to have a custom cabinet built.. why would you model it after an avatar exactly? Why not just buy an avatar?

14. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    I see that when you filled out your stuff, you didn't put down where YOUR from. Did you see where this guy lives?? Hard to go buy an Avatar cab there. If he wants one, he'll have to make one, plain and simple.

15. Tnks for replyes guys !

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021