1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

eipiphone explorer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Discrepancy, Oct 30, 2001.

1. is the epiphone explorer a good bass for the money, or is it total crap? please help, im tyring to decide on a new bass

Nate

2. flipperwhite

flipperwhite

Jul 12, 2001
    usa
    I visited the Gibson plant this past weekend and played one,I liked it better than the thunderbird,I did'nt play it through a amp but it felt good and seemed like a nice bass,for the money it aint bad.

3. Gard

Gard

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    It's actually not a bad sounding or playing bass, although it's not for me (once you go Zon, you don't go back! ;) ).

Even better, I happen to know where a used one in mint condition is hanging. :D It's a yellowish/amber color, rosewood fingerboard, comes with a gigbag. It's on consignment at Bass Central (where I work, natch), the asking price is $250. Gimme a shout if you're interested (800-545-8813) or email me.

4. Matt_1

Matt_1

Oct 14, 2001
    Berlin, Germany
    Hey Flipperwhite!
    Did you also play the Epiphone EB-0 or EB-3 of Epiphone??? I bought the EB-0 and I like it very much, how do you think??

Thanks a lot!

5. flipperwhite

flipperwhite

Jul 12, 2001
    usa
    sorry Matt,all they had at the time were the exp. and a thunderbird and about 5 zillion guitars of all types which was kind of disipointing.

6. Matt_1

Matt_1

Oct 14, 2001
    Berlin, Germany
    Yeah, no prob, Flipperwhite!

Thank you for taking care!