Eisenberg Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by strost, Jul 21, 2019.

1. strost

strost

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
    So I saw Freekbass last night (amazing show by the way - see if you can), and he had a mystery bass. After looking on his facebook and whatnot, I figured out it's a Eisenberg Bass and see no mention here on TB.

Basses

Just curious what TB's thoughts were on this design. I can't tell if I dig it or not. At least it's different!

freekbass.jpg

2. Steve Eisenberg

Steve Eisenberg Commercial User

Jul 29, 2019
    Phoenix, AZ
    Owner, Eisenberg Instruments LLC
    Thanks for posting! Happy to be mentioned on Talkbass!

bordinco90, Fat Freddy and nbsipics like this.
  3. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Checked out your website. Your bass design makes sense to me and the build quality appears to be excellent. Good luck with your rollout!

CruiznAZ and Steve Eisenberg like this.
  4. Steve Eisenberg

Jul 29, 2019
    Phoenix, AZ
    Much appreciated, thank you!

5. I know Steve personally. In a world of cookie cutter and copy cat basses, his stand out. I have had the very fortunate opportunity to play one of his creations and they are a dream, he really knows what he is doing! He is also the only Luthier I will take my basses to for any kind of work.
    p.s. I am not endorsed by him

6. Steve Eisenberg

Jul 29, 2019
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks so much!

twinfallsbass likes this.
  7. CruiznAZ

CruiznAZ

Aug 2, 2019
    Steve Eisenberg is becoming a masterful bass builder! Having the privilege of playing his first creation on a live stage, I will definitely attest to his innovation and attention to details. The action and tonal quality rivals any bass on the market today. Steve has become my “go to” for all of my guitars... repairs, setup, or whatever they need. He has been building for a while now and just may be the best kept secret in the bass world!! Check him out... you won’t be disappointed!!

Steve Eisenberg likes this.
  8. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    This is why I love this site. The actual builders are on here and can comment on their designs.

Steve Eisenberg, CruiznAZ and And I like this.
  9. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA

Steve Eisenberg likes this.
  10. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

very nice! breaking away from the expected is risky buisness sometimes --- i hope players on this site are open to the innovative aspects. while i'm not GAS-ing for an ax: i'm intrigued about the "balance" and "ergonomic" attributes the website is advertising. the hardware and electronics are more than competent. knowing ballpark pricing could move some folks here (TB) off the fence and toward your instruments...

i'm a fretless-only player --- i didn't see any in the pics (may have missed it: didn't look at every pic) but i'm thinking the balance/comfort attributes would be great on a fretless version.

good work, steve! hope you get some interest/business from your membership/participation here. good luck! :thumbsup:

CruiznAZ and Steve Eisenberg like this.
  11. Steve Eisenberg

Jul 29, 2019
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thank you! Fretless is a go...just ask! As far as pricing, I'm not inclined to post because the posts are here forever., while pricing changes over time...but shoot me a message or email anytime!
    Thanks a million!

JRA likes this.
  12. SgtHulka

SgtHulka Suspended Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Fort Arnold
    The ergonomics look fantastic and I am all on board with the idea behind the design. Also, the build quality looks fantastic. Perhaps some people would like the body style but to me it looks like a trash can standing straight up.

No one ever puts a bass all the way up the horn on their knee sitting down. And there's not enough angle anyway for it to grab over your knee even if you did. So why just block off the ends? Surely there must be ways to add more style to the bass (horns) without giving up your original ergonomic concept.

13. Steve Eisenberg

Jul 29, 2019
    Phoenix, AZ
    The design of the highboy bass was driven entirely by the function (the solution to a few problems). Once I started addressing the problems, the form nearly took care of itself. I am generally not interested in anything that goes beyond pure function. That's why there are no scrolls on the horns, top dots, inlays, etc.
    Whether or not folks like the way it looks is a matter of personal taste. This bass is certainly different!

BeefPie84 likes this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021