Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EKO ROKES bass (Original), how much worth???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gonjaeff, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Gonjaeff

Gonjaeff

Jul 17, 2005
    original EKO Rokes Bass, only some scratches but in a good shape, does anybody know, how much I get for it ???

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    They're a pretty rare breed and difficult to find. An original Sunburst version recently sold on Ebay for just over $1500.00.

It was in very good condition and included the OHSC.

TD

3. magrin

magrin

May 5, 2007
    I have been after this bass for 45 years. Luckily I bought one on ebay only last month for US$2025 shipping included.

For its age it is still in very good condition and the only complaint I have is that due to mishandling when it was shipped the very sharp arrowshaped headstock pierced through the original hardcase. Luckily no damage was done to the headstock.

This is a real beauty. The neck is absolutely nice and very slim and playable. The De Armond pick up is placed slanting sideways at the neck position.

The Eko Rokes was originally designed by The Rokes lead guitarist Johnny Charlton, and the Italian Eko guitar company had build it for them. The Rokes were a British band who became very very popular in Italy in the 60's. It was the very first time that a special guitar shape was build for a band hence the arrow shaped Eko Rokes became their icon guitar.

This is a very highly collectable item which is very hard to find.

4. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK