1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eko Vintage Short Scale Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bobby King, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Bobby King

Bobby King Supporting Member

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Eko Short Scale Electric Bass, made in Italy, late 70s. Solidbody, 30" scale.

This is a great little short scale bass. Eko was an Italian company that made guitars and basses. Their Hofner-like violin bass is used by players like Les Claypool. They also made instruments with all sorts of funny switches and knobs. This bass is a more straight ahead offering. It has one humbucker pickup (looks sort of DiMarzio-ish) placed in the "sweet spot" area, giving a tone similar to a Music Man. The body appears to made of pine (not 100% sure) and the neck is mahogany with a mahogany stripe. The fingerboard is good-quality rosewood and the frets are in good shape. It has a zero fret. The neck is straight and in a forward-thinking design, it has a cylinder type truss rod adjustment bolt, just like a Music Man's. The bridge and tailpiece reminds me of an old Alembic. The bass is set up well and plays very well, very easy to get around on. The string tension is not too light for being a short scale bass. The bass is all original and in very good condition, however I replaced the volume and tone pots and added gold knurled knobs. I have the original pots and plastic knobs. This is a very cool and surprisingly well-made instrument.

$350 shipped in the CONUS. (no trades please) I accept Paypal.

IMG00343-20120104-2247.
    IMG00354-20120104-2251.
    IMG00347-20120104-2248.
    IMG00348-20120104-2249.
    IMG00352-20120104-2250.

2. ajpaul59

ajpaul59

Apr 22, 2011
    South Jersey
    Big plus for this bass. I own a similar one (same bass but custom). Body is Spruce BTW. Neck is 3pc maple and hard as a rock. Best shortscale I own! The DiMarzio is super and the pots are as sensitive as any I've ever played!!! Great Bass. I'm taking mine to the grave :)

3. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! In Memoriam

I had one of those when I was a kid!!

4. Bobby King

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Weight is 7.9 lbs

5. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Nice bass! If only I needed another shortscale...:oops:

6. Bobby King

May 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Q: How many basses does a bass player need?
    A: Just one more!