SOLD El Degas Bass Guitar $300 with Hard Shell Case Shipping Included

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bentley, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Bentley

Bentley Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    El Degas 4 string Bass. You won't see these every day. My scale has this at 8.2 pounds. Brand new round wound strings just installed. The $300 firm US dollar price includes a generic hard shell case and shipping using Canada Post / USPS expedited parcel insured and tracked to your door within Canada and the continental United States. Alaska and Hawaii ship costs are about $10 higher so lets make the price $310 US Dollars to ship to those two states.
    The bass plays and sounds great.

In Canada in the late 1970's onward El Degas was a huge seller - making copies of all the Fenders Gibson's and Rickenbacker's. This bass has the body style of Precision, the pickup configuration of the Fender Precision split P near the neck and the double J near the bridge (Schaller made pickups in this format ....but I can't say with certainty what brand is actually in this bass). Plenty of potential to swap pickups with other brands available (the bass plays great and I sure have thought of putting some Fender American Deluxe pickups into this bass). I just saw Eric Church''s bassist Lee Hendricks playing a Fender style bass sporting this precision and double J pickup configuration. The headstock sports the pointy hockey stick Jackson influenced look.

Any questions are invited so message me. Thank You.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  2. Bentley

Aug 3, 2008
    The body shape is very much Charvel inspired. Schecter has a similar pickup setup

Attached Files:

3. Loudart

Loudart

May 30, 2014
    Maury City Ghost Town Tennessee
    www.MetalRecordingServices.com
    nut width fret condition?

4. Bentley

Aug 3, 2008
    Snapped a picture of the El Degas with a ruler at the nut and same picture with an Ibanez SR800 (red) 1.5" / 33 mm nut width for comparison purposes. Snapped a picture of the frets near the nut with the strings off. Ideally you can use the computer to zoom in and see the facts today April 11th. A picture paints one thousand words.

Attached Files:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022