1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

El Grande + BDI21 =

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Thunderscreech, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Well...all i can say is amazing. If this is what is sounds like thru a behringer, i can't wait for the VT Bass.

I did go a little crazy on the wah, i'll admit.

Sorry for semi-bad audio. Eventually I will be acquiring an XLR cable for this business, but until then...

Played using Squire Vintage Modified Jazz, bridge pickup, through Ampeg BA-115 SP

BDI21 set to "slap" setting, but with the blend about 2 oclock and treble about 5 oclock.
    El Grande was set to "Super Fuzz" (volume 10:30, Tone 2 oclock, and Fuzz 3 oclock. Deep Switch On.)

Video Link

2. i like... what were the settings on the di?

3. BDI21 set to "slap" setting, but with the blend about 2 oclock and treble about 5 oclock.
    El Grande was set to "Super Fuzz" (volume 10:30, Tone 2 oclock, and Fuzz 3 oclock. Deep Switch On.)

4. If you haven't already, try running it Wah> Fuzz> DI. I get much better results with Fuzz> Sansamp than I do Sansamp> Fuzz.

5. It looks backwards in the video, due to my mac's webcam's epic fail at reversing video. It's run Fuzz > Wah > DI. Probably should note that on youtube vid...:bag:

6. Fair enough. :bag:

7. Plus, my Fuzz does not behave well after that wah for some reason :meh:

8. screw it, im replacing my pd7 with an el grande once i accumulate a few other things

9. Well, the point of that alignment was because as I saw it, it ran BDI21> Wah> Fuzz, so I assumed you liked the Wah> Fuzz sound. I was really only commenting about the relationship between the Fuzz and the DI.

10. the Fuzz is first. DI second. :D the WebCam fails at reversing stuff.

What I'd really like is a Fuzz > Wah > Fuzz > DI. doesn't Rocktron make a wah pedal that is good with distortion?