El Mohawk....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by chips, Jul 8, 2004.

1. hello punters,

so me an my buddies are sittin around hung over from the jam last night, and i come up with a terrific idea... LETS ALL GET MOHAWKS. An hour later and some cuttin and stuff, 5 of us have got mohawks :D

Who else has sported the mohawk?... What are peoples views on the mohawk?.. And what other slightly different than regular hair, hair dos have u sported?...

My list - the mullet... hey c'mon, everyones been there :rollno:
    -Dread Locks
    -Bright Red Hair
    -Jet Black Hair
    -Mohawk (i havnt gone bald on the sides... number 2;))

Chips :bassist:
  2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Here's what I've had:
    • liberty spikes
    • a devil's lock
    • completely bald (my favorite and current style that I'll probably stay with forever)
    • dreads
    • long and short hair of various colors
    • a mohawk

Liberty spikes and dreads were cool, but they were both really, really high maintenance and I wouldn't go back to that for the sake of looking different for it. The devil's lock I had was cool. I shaved my entire head except for a patch of hair in the very front that fell to my chin. Usually I kept it slicked back in a sort of pomp cause it was easier, but often during the day it'd fall to where it's supposed to be. I also put little plastic barrets in it that had little dogs and **** on them.

Now, though, I just shave it all save my goatee which reaches just shy of my chest (and I've no plans on cutting it, as a matter of fact I'm growing in behind it to thicken it up significantly).

edit: I say with no small amount of pride that, even living in the Southeastern US, I've never even considered getting a mullet.
  3. I've had regular short hair, Long hair, no hair.

And as long was the coolest, I am slowly going back towards it. Growing hair long is a ****.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    heh :eyebrow:
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    heh yeah, that's about it. no bright red though. :hyper: yet :hyper:
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Work on that, I would look good with your prog shirts!
  8. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

didn't the warwick guys all do that for NAMM last year?

9. every colour under the sun, and the mohawk.
    never gone bald, usually a #3.

my hair can be difficult to shape into a 'hawk, and i don't always have the time. i like to look presentable and get to where im going asap (since its usually my GF's :p). right now i'm sporting that "out of bed look", bleached, turning yellowy (im vintage!) with my roots coming in. i'll get it cut, so i can look shexy, for my GF coming home from her vacation. woot! :cool:
  10. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i had a mohawk 3 or 4 summers back when i was 14.
  11. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Try it. Bald is beautiful. :D
  12. Till i was like 14 , my drill seargent brother would shave my head like a damn marine. But when i hit 15 it was all long hair. Although last year i dated this girl who told me shed leave me if i didnt cut my hair. So i cut it pretty short, just like she wanted. Then like 4 months later she broke up with me. Im trying to grow it back out long, but as mentioned before its a bitch to grow long hair.
  13. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I have long hair now. The last time my hair was really short was about 4 years ago. I've had it cut between then, but it's always long enough to be in my eyes or to my nose. Now it's close to shoulder
  14. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I rock the med/long hair with a quasi-mullet* back. Tuck it under a hat and it gets bushy. :D

*Not intentionly, quasi-mullet simply because it starts to look that way after two months with no hair cut.
  15. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

I've got that. I told you i was Hardcore.
  16. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    You should have known better :scowl:

As for me, I've had long, short, shaved, temp mohawk, shaggy. Who'll admit to an undercut back in the day? Come on, you know you want to ;) Whatever, it's just hair.
  17. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    NO, not me :p :p :p

I've had short hair, now have long hair, also had green hair.
    Had long hair for the last 2/3 years...
  18. -Bowl cut
    -*Silver* hair, though it looked grey
    -And all the various forms its taken getting to where it is now, little past shoulder.
  19. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    I had a mohawk when I was seveteen. I looked mean, although I wasn't.
  20. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I hear that I did pretty much the same thing. I had shoulder length hair that I used to whip around in a circle 'Jason Newstead style' whenever I played, but then I shaved it all off. I'm trying to grow it out now but I usually get tired of it and just shave it again. But this time I think I'm going to hold out long enough to make a mowhawk out of it.