Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

El Pus Hoodlum Rock vl.1

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Picked up the Woodchuck's record today. I've givien it a few listens now, and it kicks ass. Great songwriting, excellent playing, and well mixed. Woodchuck is an amazing bassist. Good stuff. I just got it, so I won't comment on individual tracks yet, but to those who have been thinking about it after hearing just one or two tracks, it's well worth it.

2. and as I remember, he's only been playing for about 6 or 7 years?? Is that right, varmint? :)

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    LOL! Yeah. Thanks for the kind review. Now, if about 5 million people.....

4. Hey man, would you rather have 5 million people that have mixed reviews about it, or 50,000 who FREAKIN LOVE IT?!

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    He'd probably rather just have 5 million people who BOUGHT it.

brad cook

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Well, that's what I'd choose.

It's a really good album though, so I bet it deos well.

7. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I got it today after giving the promo EP in my college radio station (krfh.net) a spin. I like it a lot. Very good stuff there Woodchuck. I'm sure it'll do well. I know I'll be playing it pretty frequently on-air.

8. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    I picked it up 3/1/05 as soon as the record store opened, and this CD hasn't left my stereo system yet.

Woodchuck simply plays for the song, no tricks or overplaying, just solid azz bass lines.

Keep up the good work Woodchuck, for u are El Pus.

O'yea, buy this CD.................May I breath now WC. ;)

9. that "thing thing" song has been drifting into my head occasionally for the past couple days. good sign i guess!

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Guys I REALLY, REALLY appreciate the kind words! I'll be posting our tour routes, so I could meet my TB fam!

11. Would you get us backstage passes?

*bambi eyes* PWWWWWEEEEAAAZZZEEE? I put you in my profile!

12. I can definitely imagine "Suburb Thuggin" receiving some heavy rotation.

Just don't forget us small guys when you're a rock god. :bassist:

13. Oh ! Come to Mississippi!!!! Yall Rock! Love the Album! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I was watching the last episode of VH1's "Best Week Ever", and they were playing "Suburb Thugg'n" in the background. :cool:

15. Bought the album, havn't given it a spin yet. I will as soon as I get back from my walk.

16. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I just watched your video, I could get a lot of my friends and peers into this. I've never heard of it before now, which is odd seeing as you are on Virgin Records.

If you're gonna be in the DC area PM me and I'll put the word out......us cracked head teenagers that think we're black love this type of music.
    :bag:

anyone else get my joke?

17. Alright. Spinnin' this for the first time. I'm on "Thing Thing" and I'm diggin it, but I just finished listening to Frances the Mute about 5 minutes before this, so talk about culture shock!

18. Hey woody, did you use an octaver on "Salutations"? If you didn't, major props for timing. It sounds DEAD ON.

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I pulled the octave note, i.e. double stops. Thanks.

20. It sounds more like the guitar player playing with an octaver to me.