1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

El Toro Vs L2000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Doctor J, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    I'm curious to hear from those who've owned or played both. Just how much of a difference is there between the two, both in terms of playability and tone?

2. Trebizond

Trebizond

Nov 28, 2012
    Utah
    I have an '86 El Toro, ash body/maple fingerboard. I've owned several L2000s. Sound-wise, the El Toro has more low and upper mid emphasis. The preamp on my El Toro is dead quiet and seems to add a bit more boost than the L2000s I had, which were from 1981, 1995, and 2010. The neck on my El Toro has a lot of meat around the back. I like it, but some may consider it chunky. Both my L2000s and my El Toro set up nicely for playability that was very good for me...low action, very slight relief, nickel roundwounds. I think the El Toro has a bit more compact body shape than the L2000 as well.

Doctor J likes this.